Monday, June 25, 2012

Issues With Reinstalling Computer Drivers. Help.

Issues With Reinstalling Computer Drivers. Help.: Hi there. My computer's harddrive recently died on me, leaving me in a situation where I could not get onto my computer. I bought myself a new hard drive and managed to successfully install the new HD into the computer. I ran the recovery disks that came with my system and then the windows 7 installation disk and managed to at least get the system up and running (I'm typing on the problem computer now). Here's the problem though. While the basic system is working fine, I'm having issues reinstalling the drivers. My screen looks stretched, because the ATI driver is not installed and there's no sound, because the sound card driver won't work- I have the disk to install these drivers, but every time I try the computer tells me that Windos 7 cannot run these drivers because they are not signed.

So, My question. How do I fix this? Is there some sort of step in the reinstallation phase that I missed? I'm running an Asus K52JR notebook computer. I have the cds that came with the purchase, including an Asus version of windows 7, four recovery disks and the driver utility cd. This is the first computer I've fixed on my own. My technical knowledge of computers is intermediary at best, so please be specific in your troubleshooting instructions.



If you need any more information, please let me know

Thanks!

http://computerhelpforums.net/topic/40997-issues-with-reinstalling-computer-drivers-help/

No comments:

Post a Comment