Friday, June 29, 2012

How I Stopped That Nagging WGA Notification

How I Stopped That Nagging WGA Notification:
I finally got sick of that useless notification on my desktop telling me that my copy is not authentic. Armed with internet, I searched for a way to kill that annoyance. I got to a WikiHow page that provided, in detail, what I needed to do. Long story short, it worked. I no longer have to suffer a black desktop and the occasional reminder that I need to contact Microsoft. Below are the steps that I did:
1. Open Notepad.

2. Paste the code from below, including one empty line in the end to represent the enter key.

3. Copy again.

4. Open the Command Prompt by clicking Start, then Run, typing CMD then hitting the enter key.

5. Right click on the black screen and select the Paste command.
CD %systemroot%\system32

rename wgatray.exe wgatray.exe.bak

rename wgalogon.dll wgalogon.dll.bak

rename LegitCheckControl.dll LegitCheckControl.dll.bak

taskkill /F /T /IM wgatray.exe

del wgatray.exe.bak

del wgalogon.dll.bak

del LegitCheckControl.dll.bak

* There should be an extra line when you paste. *
Resources:
http://www.wikihow.com/Remove-Windows-Genuine-Advantage-Notifications

No comments:

Post a Comment